Thread: 1969 Chevy C50
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 12:01 AM   #10
South Florida C50

Re: 1969 Chevy C50

Well it finally arrived yesterday 11/13/14. I got my first look at it around 12:00p.m. 2 1/2 days on a trailer. I love the truck don't get me wrong but, WoW have I got a lot of work ahead of me. I backed it off the trailer for Mr. Jennings and it fired right up on the first try. After I checked the oil and the water later in the day I took it for drive for about twenty mins. or so. It ran strong and the brakes seemed to work fine. Good tranny, and the rear end split the gears well. This is not a 366 BB with a four barrel as I was told. The glove box sticker said...350 V8. I haven't checked the numbers on the motor yet. I took a few pics with a gopro, wrote down a list of easy to fix things that I saw. I am driving 100 miles each way to work on the truck in my spare time, I can't do the fabrication at my house because I live in a big city, and code enforcement would have a field day if my neighbors called because of the late night welding and grinding in my drive way! I'll start a build thread soon and document the work with pics. Here's a few from yesterdays first encounter.....
Attached Images

South Florida C50 is offline   Reply With Quote