View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 10:48 AM   #7
rcsbls2

Re: Is there a new Trend in Wheels?

Thanks for comments!!

I agree the Red is too much. BUT!!!!

The front wheels have chrome peeling at base of spokes where they meet rim. Actually going back to the wheels history. They were on a truck that a young friend of mine bought in about 2003. He went to the bar and when he came out the road was covered with snow...What do you do???

Show off!!!, slide it into curb, Hard enough to break two of the wheels off. So he took all the wheels off, put winter stockers on and left salt and dirt on the remaining 2.

So when I purchased my truck I inquired as to where are his wheels. He gave them to me!!! I went out and bought 2 new ones for the rear.

But corrosion had set in. I cleaned an polished the best I could but they didn't look good. The following fall I tried to find someone to replace the chrome. Could not find anyone local .... shipped them to California!!!! Came back , not a super job but looked better. They had stick on weights on inside of rims, back side and they didn't remove the adhesive. A few flaws in Faces but much better than before.

Then during 3rd season after rechrome ...... began lifting and peeling. Talked to guy who did them and told the salt will always be in metal and nothing I can do.

So now I have gotten 8 seasons on the set and just looking to extend their life. I would have chrome wheels forever if I could. Looking for options!!!
rcsbls2 is offline   Reply With Quote