View Single Post
Old 11-22-2014, 10:27 PM   #9
mr48chev

Re: Indoor Covers, tell me about yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemo View Post
I'm just not comfortable washing it yet with the wood bed and no drains. That bed took me FOREVER to assemble and I don't want to do it again to replace rotten wood.
You sound like my best friend, He didn't want to drive his 48 Pontiac ragtop because he might get it dirty and was afraid to get it wet. If the bed has the proper finish on it and you dry it off just like you dry off the rest of the truck there shouldn't be an issue. You did use a marine finish for boats and not a kitchen cabinet finish?

As far as covers go: California car cover company will make one that is an exact fit for your truck including the bumps for the mirrors and offer several different fabrics depending on how you want to use the cover. You could also go to the discount bedding aisle and buy a couple of king size flannel sheets to cover it with that would keep the dust off and be soft on the finish.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote