View Single Post
Old 11-28-2014, 10:11 AM   #1492
chevyguy_72
Vintage Evil

Re: 68 S/C update.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
Mark - measured the difference between mounting points on my front and rear shocks and then called Ridetech. They recommend the shock number that I should buy base off of those measurements.

On a different note, I changed out the axles hoping that the rear vibration/hop would go away but it didn't.... So I got to looking at the rotor/axle hub where the rear wheel bolts on and you can see where the wheel isn't bolting on centered. I think the CPP rotor is so thick that very little of the hub area is sticking out past the rotor, so the wheel is not centering up on the wheel flange. I have the cone style lugnuts but they are not forcing the wheel to center up, which is causing the rear to bounce. . Not really sure what to do now....
I actually read an post somewhere that said one of the axle tubes had tweaked under load and caused this same symptoms... This was a 1000hp truck... but who knows what it would actually take to tweak one...
Just a thought... I will see if I can find the post...
Evil Twin - 2006 Suzuki M109R
EvilDmax- 2018 GMC 2500 Denali Duramax

Last edited by chevyguy_72; 11-28-2014 at 10:19 AM.
chevyguy_72 is offline   Reply With Quote