View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 07:30 PM   #215
rgunlock

Re: My 78 K15 High Sierra build - Fish Tremble

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving holiday! I know I did. All three of my grown kids were home, so not a lot more progress for my week off of work. But, I did get the driver side door done (kind of), and hung back on the truck.

2 spots I want to point out because I suspect they are common problems. Both of my doors had stress cracks around the bottom bolt on the inner door panel that holds the vent window assembly. I have no idea why there is enough stress there to cause these cracks, but I found them on the driver door and went back and looked at the passenger door and found them on it as well. I'll have to fix that when I pull the door back off. BTW, I drilled those holes at the end of the cracks because they are supposed to prevent it from cracking any further.

Also, missed it when stripping the paint and doing bodywork on the driver door, but noticed when I was bolting the door back onto the truck. Pretty nasty stress cracks in the door at the top hinge. I'll have to fix that as well next time the door comes off.

Finally, got my Christmas gift early. Just had to open it and verify that it is all there and undamaged! Vintage Air Gen IV SureFit System. Also got brackets to mount the compressor, brackets to move my alternator to the driver side, and the chrome bulkhead connector with the kit containing all the necessary hose ends. I want to get all this mocked up in the truck before I start getting the front clip done and for sure before paint. I figure I'll do that this winter when its too cold for body filler or spraying primer.
Attached Images

78 GMC K15 SWB, 350/NV4500/NP205/4.10s Project Hazel
71 GMC C25 350/TH400 - Project Angie
59 Chevy SWB Stepside (next in line? Not sure now )
2001 GMC Sierra K2500
rgunlock is offline   Reply With Quote