View Single Post
Old 12-08-2014, 01:40 PM   #22
yahoos

Re: !964 Biscayne. Birdie Sue.

Thanks for the support guys! I wish I had taken more pictures throughout but my phone stayed hooked up playing music majority of the time. Sorry!

At this point it was time to start prepping the new frame and cleaning up parts.

New frame painted black

cleaned up and welded in some little gussets on the rear trailing arms

stripped the uppers and lowers and taped off the new bushings/ball joints and painted them black

Cleaned up the rear. New gaskets and seals. Everything looked good and even had the 3.36 gears I wanted!

Heres another small blessing. The motor in it I had been told by the previous owner was a 350 he had rebuilt. He told me he had the 350 crate valve covers and just threw them on there. This thing runs excellent so no complaints. Well when I pulled the motor out I noticed the whole long bock was black and everything else was old faded chevy orange. The motor looked like it had never been taken apart. Fresh no leaks. I grew suspicious. Then I seen a tag on the oil pan, fairly new sticker. Long story short I ran the vin and it is a new crate motor. I bet it don't even have 5000 miles on it. under the valve covers you can tell for sure. Why he would claim he built it and not use a crate motor as a selling point is beyond me, but im not complaining!

Im running the 2brl as it is tagged with remanned and runs great. And I mean as long as you start her once a day you can go out there in 16 degree weather slap the gas once and she fires up like shes fuel injected. I Want a cruiser not a hotrod so Ill run it. Wanted to keep it fairly simple looking. All black with some valve covers that never seemed to make it to the ol 69'