View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 11:36 AM   #122
Wasted Income
Boosted Member

Re: 69 K-10 Build for Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodwright View Post
The reason I asked is for my own benefit. The only way I know how to build a project is with the intention of driving it every day.
I understand where you are coming from. I will probably have some better data for you next summer, after I can totally get the tune nailed down, and get some more miles on it. The numbers would have been skewed anyways right now, since it spent a lot of time idling and warming up, and I've been beating the piss out of it getting the tune sorted out. I do think it needs more gear though. Seemed to lug too much for my liking at around 70 mph on the highway in OD...and that won't help the fuel economy. I think a 4.11 would be about perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanroo View Post
i have an M715, a fullsize military variant of the J-20. it is modified and rolls on 40"s. a fair bit of custom trickery on it if one cares to look. most common question i get by FAR. "what does that thing get for mileage? i bet its horrible". whiskey tango foxtrot? if i was concerned with mileage would i be driving a vehicle that has more flat front surface perpendicular to the ground than a Kenworth? would i be running a 454? i dont understand why that is so important to people.

hope the old man is enjoying his truck! it sure looks nice.
LOL. I know the feeling...I love the gawkers when I'm filling my boat with fuel. "How big is the tank on that thing?"

105 gallons.

"....well that must last a long time, eh?"

Nah, I'll be filling it up again next weekend.

2014 VW Passat TDI - Daily Driver
Turbo diesel
2015 Sierra Denali HD Duramax Turbo diesel
2016 Ford Explorer Sport - Twin Turbskis
2017 Polaris RZR Turbo
2014 Nor-Tech Center Console - Twin Supercharged Outboards

TURBO ALL THE THINGS!!
Wasted Income is offline   Reply With Quote