View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 03:41 PM   #16
Fitz
Account Suspended

Re: Baby Gets Back..... Tubbing a stepside.

I thought this topic was just Ho Hum but I guess not. Soi, this morning I cut the bedsides, drilled for the mounting holes and got one side ready to trim the bed boards. I used two templates, one for the cut and the other to drill fodr the mounting bolts for the tubs. They are the same dimensions front to back so there are no lefts and rights. Using a plumb bob centers the cutting template in the wheel well then two reference holes are drilled. To locate the template on the inside of the bed. Once the cutline is marked put the drill template over the cut template and drill pilot holes for the tub mounting bolts. Then, get up your courage and a three inch grinder with a cutoff wheel and make the hole. Remember, the inside of the tub has a flange that wraps around the edge of the hole you are cutting in the bedside so we aren't trying to maintain real close tolerances on the cut but don't be sloppy either. It took two hours for one side this morning, so this is something that can be done in a day.
Attached Images

Fitz is offline   Reply With Quote