Thread: Lss3
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 11:16 PM   #134
69cunningham

Re: Lss3

Over the last week I’ve been working on painting the transmission. It’s been much harder than it should be. The pant didn’t cure the first time. I used Dupli-color Grease and Wax Remover to clean it. It seems to have left a slightly oily residue. I ended up cleaning all the bad paint of with straight acetone. It took a ton of scrubbing with a tooth brush and lots of fresh acetone. Both times the trans was heated to around 80 degrees before painting. The paint is Dupli-color Cast Coat Grey. It cured fine the second time around.

Since the trans was being bolted in for the hopefully last time, I tried to install the cover for the front of the bell housing. They didn’t fit. They must be for a different setup. Oh well.

The VaporWorx fuel pressure controller arrived. The pressure sensor is mounted to the fuel filter.

I had hoped to get the rear suspension on the truck this weekend, but things kept getting in the way. First, the exhaust needed to go on, but to do that required the rear bumper brackets to hang it from. To get at some of the bolts, the fuel tank had to come out. The inner brackets could be installed because of a couple of the hidden hitch’s mounting bolts. After trimming some bolts, nuts and washers, it all fits. Maybe the suspension will be in next weekend.
69cunningham is offline   Reply With Quote