View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 12:45 PM   #4
Mapearso

Re: 72 C10 SWB -- Project "KISS"

Wow. No love for such a nice little truck??

So I took delivery last night. It was a CL buy, seller unknown, sight unseen, all the stupid s#*t you're not supposed to do. But it was an original CA black plate truck with known history and the price was way right so I rolled the dice.

Thankfully, it appears as straight and rust free as the seller claimed. It was late when I finally got to checking it out, but my first impressions were all pretty good. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot to be done to get it to where I'll be happy, but so far ... not too shabby.

What I am most disappointed about right now is that they painted right over the SPID. I'll check under the seat fir the build sheet this weekend.

What I am most excited about right now is how cheap the respray job on it is. It appears that they didn't even scuff the original paint. Why would I be psyched about a crappy respray -- because underneath is what I am pretty sure is the OG Hugger Orange paint. If all goes according to plan, I'll be stripping off the white and bringing it back to original.

More this weekend.
Attached Images

Mapearso is offline   Reply With Quote