View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 12:28 PM   #14
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: Finally...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasted Income View Post
Knock sensors.....what are those??

I'm surprised that so many of you guys trust the health of your engine to sensors that tell you something is wrong when it's too late. Tune it well, and run good fuel, and fuhgettaboutit.

I wished I had left them off!
This is one reason why I don't care if the knock senor is not working. I have it tuned right I have it running just fine like it is on 93 fuel. The motor runs great. I talked to several people and they all agree'd it wasn't running bad at all. The GM reps on the power tour last year looked at it and said that I should wrap the wires in a grounded sleeve wrapper and be done with it. Again it wasn't worth the time and money to tear it a part to wrap it. They also said I shouldn't be resetting the ECU while I'm driving it! I have done so everytime I crank it up and take off once the code sets.

Quote:
Willie Makeit

I understand what you're saying. Kinda. Sorta. But not really.

Let me explain my perspective: I assume you did the swap to an LS platform to take advantage of modern engine, correct? What makes that engine "modern" are items like fuel injection, computerized fuel management, component ignition, ECM and the components needed for it's proper function, etc. All of those line items equate to a more powerful AND more efficient engine. If my assumption is correct, then doing away with or disabling the very components that make the LS platform advantageous for such a swap is really pretty silly & self defeating. (VATS & security have nothing to do with how the engine actually runs. They are simply an electronic version of a key. Not sure why those were brought up in a post about knock sensors, but whatever.)

By your reaction it looks like I might have stepped on your toes. Not my intent. I stand by my original post. Find a new tuner. One that will help you pin-point what is wrong and one that will help you remedy the problem - not one that says "oh let's just ignore this systemic problem, that'll make it go away."
I know what the problem is are at least I think I do. I have a bad senor, wire, low voltage are a bad ECU. The reason for having it turned off is it not worth the time are the cost to tear it a part just for that. It's not worth it to me. Having the red engine light shining in my face everytime I turn the truck on was why I had him turn it off. He had nothing to do with that. It was my decission. If it was a problem with the motor I would fix it.

Hart_Rod,
yes this was one of the threads that got me to thinking it maybe a false code from low voltage are bad wire because it ran fine and yes I had the tunner ride with me and nothing happens when the code sets other than the code.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote