View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 06:32 PM   #5
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Re: Ripping out my ridetech ridepro system - going manual via little larrys

When I first unboxed my unit, two of the switches felt a bit crunchy when moved.

When I first installed it, on a couple of the switches, when you hit "up" and then released the switch, it would continue to go up slowly until you horsed it around up and down back and forth. Then it would hold steady pressure. Kind of disconcerting to raise your truck to a set pressure and take your hand away and then just watch it continue to climb and climb without you doing anything.

Now, my front right valve is leaking down. Bad. Like full raise (80 psi or so) to zero in about 30 minutes.

All of this on a truck that hasn't ever even been driven yet. I spoke with LL guy on Facebook and ran air tool oil through my system to lubricate the orings. No help from that.

I don't have the time or inclination to fool around with it. I'm just gonna jerk it back out, blow it apart, and get good proper o rings to replace whatever is in it right now. I'll clean it surgically clean, inspect all machining carefully, and reassemble with good quality, well lubricated o rings. Unless there is a significant error in their machine work, I feel fairly confident I can get it fixed quicker than trying to hassle with sending it back for warranty.