Thread: batteries
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2014, 08:34 AM   #8
ryanroo

Re: batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesburb View Post
Yes, East Penn is the company that makes Dekas. Bang for the buck, very difficult to beat. From what I have seen, Odysseys are the best, readily available, AGM battery out there. Unfortunately, availability is sometimes an issue. Die Hard Platinums are re-labled Odysseys and can sometimes be found on sale--sometimes. Very good batteries though. Interstates are ok. They leak like buckshot hogs in hot environments and in your mounting configuration would be an absolute bish to try to service, so that would probably get skipped leading to premature failure.

If I had your money, I'd go with the Odyessys. Obviously I don't so I went with Dekas. I have purchased five or six for the fleet since I quit buying Optima's crap. Hell, I have three in one vehicle. No problems to speak of with any of them.
HA. i wish i had money. says the guy that hauls three batteries around in one car and swaps eaton 10 speed transmissions into old burbs... it is nice to know there is rebrand of the Odysseys. some times easier to find stuff with a regular name brand around here. we'll see when the time comes. i know there is a local source for the Deka stuff, so i may just go with that. i also know i have a tendency to not eat for a week or two if that means getting the better part.

i haven't hear anything really about the XS stuff, but have noticed them in some stereo cars before.

ryanroo is offline   Reply With Quote