View Single Post
Old 12-24-2014, 06:34 PM   #64
drewskiren
Lucky Teter at the wheel

Re: Bride of Young Frankenstein - 1957 Buick Super

After we saw the presidents, we headed off to see Darrel near Billings Montana. He has been collecting Buicks for about 30 years and has a 1958 Buick Special convertible he is rebuilding. He had a complete front sheetmetal set from a 1957 Buick Roadmaster which is identical to our front cap. A little history is in order here, Buick was a 2 body company at the time and GM had them building B body cars (Pontiac and Oldsmobile) and C body cars (Cadillac) both to be sold as Buicks. The smaller B body cars were Centurys and Specials and the larger C body cars were Supers and Roadmasters. Herein lies our dilemma, we have the much more rare Super which is not only a longer car with longer doors and quarters, but it is also 4 inches wider than the much more easily found Centurys and Specials. We need a hood badly for our car and Darrel had just the 4 inch wider hood we needed, cheap too, only problem- he's in Montana. I figured I could make it worth my while if we came home with our special hood (with matching fenders and rad support) and a complete parts car for all those little things like trim, interior parts, correct bolts, etc. Our Super had been a restoration project for someone before, but they abandoned it and lost half the stuff they had taken off. Long story short, I think I've got enough Buick parts now to finish our car.

YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN (Finished with MAJOR Surgery - IT'S ALIVE!!!)

The Bride is currently under the knife!
drewskiren is offline   Reply With Quote