View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 12:00 AM   #10
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Disc Brake Upgrade Reference Thread

You must have missed the part where that conversion is no longer recommended due to alignment issues. The originators of that conversion don't recall any alignment issues, but everyone that has tried it in the past couple of years have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtious View Post
i have a 98 c1500 and a 68 C20 im mid way through swapping the rear end (welding finished tonight) and waiting for the new lower ball joints to show up.. if i have read all of this correctly.. keeping the upper and lower control arms from the 68.. using the upper and lower balljoints from the 98.. things should work? uppers bolted right in.. lowers show up in the am.. as for tie rod ends ect.. im using the original center section with inner tierod end from 68 and outters from a 98.. these parts show up in the am.. and from what it looks like.. threading and rod size seems to be the same.. i think the connecting rods are from a 98.. and im going to have to cut about 3/4" off the tierod rod to make things short enough to fit.. if im missing anything please let me know... and pics will follow.. im not lowering anything.. really doing this to swap from 5.13 to 3.08 in the diff.. and from open to limited slip.. i gotta shorten the drive shaft about 2" still and figure out a U joint to connect the shaft to the rear end yoke..
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote