View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 02:53 PM   #229
jaros44sr

Re: 70 Blazer Frame Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCanine View Post
Wow your PO was ridiculous! Glad you're moving forward. Those bottlenecks where progress grinds to a halt drive me crazy. Hope you can get the threads squared up...these trucks are funny...they don't always respond or reciprocate to the love you're giving them.

...and thanks for your kind words...I have been following and referencing your build thread since the first time I clicked on this site. It is a "Pillar" thread for the Blazer/Jimmy build forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72K5CSTDarkOlive View Post
Also, check your threads on the spindles. One of mine was pretty chewed up but I was lucky enough to save it. I used a small file and with little fitness and patience I was able to clean it up enough for the spindle nut to go back on smoothly.
You are being kind to my PO, i ve used worse words than that in my work shop. I thought i was done with him, but his hand keeps popping up....he didn t use a second locking nut, so possibly the tang on the ring has boggered up some of the thread

Thanks for following along w/ my thread, i tend to gear it to the 16 year old who doesn t have a father to guide him, not the long time gearheads on this forum

I think the stock builds are great, keeping original is often difficult. As you can see my build tends to morph

Dark Olive, i have a thread file with a 16 tpi side, hoping that will work, but now i have to disassemble the hub to get at it

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote