View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 06:05 AM   #2711
Bennett68C10

Re: Project "What was I Thinking" 68 SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC3420 View Post
Hey Keith, love the progress. You will get it done all in good timing, rushing things always ends up messing something up anyways. I was curious about your paint scheme as I am going with red on mine as well. On the front end are you going to run trim across the front of the hood and on the front of the fenders, if not, where are you going to stop/start with the white red? I have already welded up the trim holes on my 68 fenders. Just wondering what your plans are.
Thanks, your right if I rush it I'm bound to mess it up and then I won't be happy with the final product. I plan on running the front trim and having the paint line under the trim so it covers it. That's how my truck was originally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knomadd View Post
This is probably the best way to do it. I know some guys need a deadline for motivation, so it would work for them, but you might be like me. I don't need the added pressure to rush through it and cut corners to have an end result that will produce regrets for not doing a better job before paint. I'm sure you'll be happier with the end result knowing you did the best you can, without rushing it.
Yeah having the deadline was driving me nuts, like you said the added pressure to get it done within a given amount of time was mentally exhausting. I'm going on my 6th year and it's still not done so I decided to throw deadlines out the window. I'll be happy when it's finally done but only if it's done right and is exactly how I want it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeDW View Post
Just read through this for the first time really nice work truck is gona look great.I vote keep the big block put a roller set up in it and fuel inject it.

Jake
Thanks Jake, unfortunately the big block is leaving, I'm going to pick something up today to take it's place

66 Suburban

Burb Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=751361

IG: bennett68c10
Bennett68C10 is offline   Reply With Quote