View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 11:18 AM   #105
Vic1947

Re: '57 Ford Custom 300 Tudor Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sduckworth13 View Post
Nice work Vic on the seat! I'm always amazed at everything you know how to do and how well it looks when your done with it.
Thanks, Scott.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
No doubt i'd be lost on that one! Nice seat frame work, are ya gonna split the upper and have some kind of divider section there as well? Maybe i missed it, pretty tired right now.
Another thing comes to mind, how lucky is it that you and Kathy can actually agree on colors and materials ect.. Anytime it comes to that kinda stuff or painting a house me and Meg just end up butting heads, i learned that if i'm gonna do something i just do it and don't ask LOL!
I know what you're saying, Mike. When it comes to color, I defer to Kathy. The gals seem better able to distinguish subtle variations that I miss. No plans to split the back seat, just the bottom. May have to build a small rear console with some cupholders to fill the space above the tunnel. We'll see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot949 View Post
Well if your rear passengers did the "Getto Lean" it would probably be pretty comfortable... LOL
Worked with a friend years ago who rode that way. Hilarious guy. You could barely see him when he cruised his Buick into the parking lot.

The rear seat is as done as it's going to get. The rest is up to the trim shop. If he says it needs anything else, I'll deal with it at that time. After all the slicing and dicing (fingers included) I decided to do something a bit easier. The custom dash bezels were just roughed in, so I test fit the components and laid down the carbon fiber pattern vinyl. Out at the edges of the dash where it curves around, I used a trick I learned from my sign painter buddy, Steve. To get a pattern off of an irregular surface, you build up multiple layers of masking tape then carefully transfer it to poster board. So you essentially transform a 3D surface to 2D. After trimming it, it can be used as a pattern for cutting the vinyl. In my case, I was also able to flip it over and use it for the driver side.

Now that I've rested up on an easy peasy task, it's on to more challenging stuff. I need to finish mounting the pop locks, measure for the a/c lines, measure and route the trans cooler lines, build the radio rear support bracket and a whole host of other things. Stay tuned.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote