Thread: Project "Leon "
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 08:24 PM   #110
KMC3420

Re: Project "Leon "

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasld View Post
I have nothing against the Boyd tank, I just don't have any experiance with them due to cost. I have heard many good things about them. You are correct, no filter for the return. I think the filter is one from a 2001 suburban from the parts store. The fittings I used 3/8 tube nuts, and they threaded right in. Haven't pressure tested it yet, but I plan on trying it out this weekend. If you are running an LS with a returnless style intake, PM me and I'll be happy to send you my Regulator/Filter and the -an fittings to go with it. I ordered it not thinking that my fuel rail is a return style. I'll give it to you for a great deal to help a fellow board member.

But I have to let you know I'm actually running an external pump. If you look forward of the center cross member, you will see the walbro pump hiding in there. Don't make fun of my rubber hose barb to bubble flared steel lines, I got lazy and cheap! I think I got my tank on sale from brothers. Don't remember the price, but I'm leaning towards $230. Even comes with sending unit. I got the top fill. I'm going with the wood bed so the filler neck will be in the bed slats. Nice and easy.... I hope.
Mine is an 02 return style. So I appreciate the offer on the pump and filter but I can't use it either. I will look into the tank from brothers. Your setup looks good to me.