View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 01:14 AM   #1318
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Didn't do much this weekend on it. I borrowed some concrete blocks so I could lift it up a few more inches. When I had it on stands at the front and rear of the frame rails it sagged so much in the middle the doors wouldn't shut. So I got another pair of jack stands and blocks and supported the middle too. Now I definitely know how important the cable will be for stabilizing the frame. It's sitting about 6-7" above the stock height with the 32" tires. Close to where I think it will need to be and with the stance I think will look good.

I also started removal of the driver side rear wheel tub. Some of the bolts spun so I need to tack weld them down to get them off. I opened up the rear of the torque box. Needs to be cleaned out a bit but looks good. Now I can fix the seat mount better for the driver seat. Once I get the tubs revealed and installed I can clean off the rear bed area and get the bed liner in there. Will be nice to finish that up.

I'm going to make some calls to some boiler repair places I work with to see if they have tube benders. Fire tube boilers typically have straight tubes, but water tube boilers have tubes with bends in them. They may be ordering those pre-bent from the manufacturer but in some cases that isn't possible. And those tubes come in many sizes. It's worth a shot.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote