Thread: 51 GMC 4x4
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2015, 09:16 PM   #19
Axe

Re: 51 GMC 4x4

Well since I got the body mounted it was time to address other issues. I didn't like that there wasn't any real structural support to the floor of the cab. So I made one. This also lets me buy slick plate to do it with. For what LMC wants for the 2 floor pieces, that leaves a 3/4" gap between them and only covers the front part of the floor board, I bought enough slick plate to do the whole floor and fix my bed too.
Well time for a little rust repair, all of this is straight forward, cut out the old put in the new.
I guess that has got me caught up to the present. I've had some health issues so I haven't been able to work on her, but I have been gathering parts. I traded for a nv4500 today and working on the trade for the 454. I also have my eye on a divorced np205, and I did trade for the rear cut off of a 1990 cab and chassis with a 14 bolt and good fuel tank. So maybe when I'm able to do some more to it I'll have a few pieces of the puzzle to work with.
I've been looking at the cab and it is calling for an 18" extension, can't wait to start on that. I hope everyone has good luck with their builds, and I'll post more as soon as I can. Remember your imagination is your only limitation.
Attached Images

Axe is offline   Reply With Quote