Thread: Project "Leon "
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 10:06 PM   #133
texasld

Re: Project "Leon "

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke1 View Post
great project you have there. and that wood work you do is stellar!!!! migh have to get something from you in the future made up. Can you do a canuck flag one? hehe
Thanks, man. I have read through the Swiss Cheese build. That's is some awesome work. I love it!!! I wish you were in Texas to show me the ways of body work.

Excuse my hockey ignorance, are you talking about the flag with the shark looking thing? If that's the case. I sure can!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeating1 View Post
Don't have a link on it, but it was mentioned in post 698 of "The Hillbilly Deluxe dually build." I think this is the extent of the conversation, from GCncsuHD:
Quote:
Not that it matters now that you have it welded up nice, but for future use, when using those band clamps, first take a bit of aluminum foil, double it over then wrap the joint before putting the band clamp on. The foil will act as packing, and will completely seal the joint. The first time I used those band clamps it leaked, I pulled them both and did that, have never had a leak since.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic1947 View Post
Mine came with a small sealant patch that goes across the tube parting line where the clamp flanges meet. As you draw them together the sealant extrudes into the gaps where the greatest chance of a leak would be. That won't do anything for the rest of the circumference, however, so the foil trick may be a better approach.

Thank you for all the tips. I still haven't ordered the silly things yet. Calvin hooked me up today. I'll get to that in a couple of days.
2010 Harley Street Glide

Check Out My Build!: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=617981

Last edited by texasld; 02-04-2015 at 10:11 PM.
texasld is offline   Reply With Quote