View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 11:55 PM   #2777
Bennett68C10

Re: Project "What was I Thinking" 68 SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsanborn View Post
I don't think you're crazy. There's no question when it comes to these modern engines and electronics. My best pal busts my chops every time he's over about building a 60's SBC instead of an LS. There's a low miles 5.3 on the stand in my shop right now that belongs to my Boy's pal. He paid $450 complete with harness. I drive a 5.3 every day. It's going to be super cool man. It'll haul azz and get the mpg BUT I think the BBC would have been cooler. JMO
The BBC looks a little cooler due to its physical size and the huge valve covers but I think the LS motors look really cool too when done right and with much better driveability. I went with a healthy cam in the LS but I'll still be able to run power brakes and air conditioning. Something I couldn't do with my current big block as it is a little on the extreme side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
that's not crazy....that's being smart!
Thanks, I totally agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Looking forward to a new video with that cam installed......
Thanks Mike, it wil be a while before I'm able to fire this engine up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superflysteiny View Post
nice job just finished the cam in my engine
Thanks Eric, what cam did you end up going with in yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Whitey~ View Post
Lots of catching up to do on your thread... but what I've seen and knew already.. nice work! Great score on the 6.0, love the paint booth setup.. and jealous jealous jealous of so many parts you have that I want!

Keep up the great work its inspiring!
Thanks Jimmy, I'm jealous that you have the inside of your cab painted and putting the interior in. It's so cold here that I can barely get my garage heated to 70 degrees and forget about the metal it's hard to get it up to 60 degrees. Maybe I'll see some paint in the spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperhw View Post
You gonna love that cam. I put the SNS stage 3 LS2 cam in my Chevelle. Awesome is all I can say about it.
Man that thing must be a beast, post up a video if you have one.

66 Suburban

Burb Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=751361

IG: bennett68c10
Bennett68C10 is offline   Reply With Quote