View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 12:42 PM   #44
mechanicalman

Re: 1970 C-10 / 1998 Yukon hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsonmx114 View Post
As for your engine, and I ask this out of ignorance because you obviously know a lot more about EFI stuff than I do, why couldn't you get a 2000 or so computer and set it up to run standalone on your existing components? I had a guy convert my LS1 to speed density a few months ago and it's awesome! I have no MAF sensor at all now. 4" air filter into a 4" tube with a IAT sensor in it into a 4" elbow then straight into a 4" throttle body. That way you could get away from the batch injection and the MAF sensor too.
I don't see any ingnorance, not sure I know more about EFI LOL.

I would love to get rid of the batch injection, not worried about losing MAF especially if I had the big MAF that comes with later model injection. I can understand on the Porsche the need for that however. BTW, that thing is AWESOME.

I never considered an LS1 computer due to the older style ignition on my engine, and never considered an L31 computer due to the "spider" injection, but you have me thinking maybe it could be set up to run on my existing components. Could you send me a PM and refer me to your guy so I could make an inquiry?

Thanks
mechanicalman is offline   Reply With Quote