View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 01:02 PM   #1293
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

I had a list of things that I found during the road trips that needed to be improved. The #1 item was the radiator. Its works fine unless I'm sitting in traffic for an hour, so its not something I knew was an issue until last years power tour. It was a used 4 core radiator when I installed it. I've been researching the options and settled on this one...

http://www.speedcooling.com/1967-197...r/prod_38.html

There are a few members here that have used them without problems. Its supposed to be a direct fit and looks like it really should be. All welded aluminum construction at a price only slightly higher than the plastic tank/aluminum core radiators.

Fit was a big concern for me since I custom built my fan shroud to fit the stock radiator. I'll know soon enough if it will work. I think I'm going to update my electric fan control also. Did my taxes last night and got a good return, and I found out this morning I'll get a bonus from work also, so I get to invest a little in my truck.

There are a few other things I'll be fixing later this spring too, but nothing major. Unless I find a sweet deal on some wheels and tires I like.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote