Thread: Turbo question.
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 11:35 PM   #1
Ziegelsteinfaust

Turbo question.

How does a engines instant torque response effect turbo spool up? Reason is I bought a 4.6 sohc for my project truck, and they are not known for strong na power. Although they hold up very well for turbo power, and I have been wanting something to turbo.

I got the 4.6 since they are stupid cheap, plenty of swap parts cheaper, decent dress up items, they litter pick a part, available aluminum block if you look, and I paid $600 for a 80K mile running car that was mildly wrecked.

So if my goal is 450+ HP to make the truck interesting to drive, and before I start to tank regular mpg when I go for drives. This is going to be my personal driver when done. I have a company van so please do not mention getting a car I do not want.

Technically from what I understand I can get there with my non PI motor, but I would be at roughly 14 psi.

If I use a PI headed engine it takes less psi, but since the heads a quite a bit bigger. How does or does it effect initial spool up?

This truck may end up being my only truck so I will need to tow a bit with it plus torque makes a vehicle fun on the streets.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote