View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 01:13 PM   #175
torchlight

Re: Marvin (1953 3100)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Root2812 View Post
I'm curious how far they stuck out to interfere with your seat. I was contemplating getting those. I have seen his sale thread.

Your truck is looking too good now. It's putting mine to shame. I'll be looking for it at the shows next year (assuming they don't get it wrapped up in time for this year).
You know, the interference with the speaker brackets was not too bad - I probably only lost the last inch of recline with them installed. Maybe more though once the seat frame has upholstery on it. I think the main issue was that my seat frame is about as wide as can possibly fit in the cab, so it was making contact with the brackets. A slightly narrower seat frame would clear and recline all the way no problem. While there's been talk that Marvin could be ready before the Back to the 50s show the weekend of June 20, I've also got a baby girl due June 15 so spending the weekend at the show this year may be a tall order! Any chance you'll have your truck in the Gopher State show in April? That's always a fun show to visit at the end of a long winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crestronwizard View Post
What length is your steering column?
You know, I actually don't know the specific measured length of the column. Its a retrofit column from Ididit that they make specifically for the 47-53 trucks. Part # 1130651010.