View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 03:23 PM   #177
torchlight

Re: Marvin (1953 3100)

A quick addition to yesterday's update. The UPS man came today and brought something fun. The completed steering wheel is back from CON2R with all the painted parts assembled. To be honest, I was a little unsure when i first got the unpainted parts from CON2R. The loose pieces of ABS plastic didn't feel very... substantial. But now that they've been painted and fully assembled onto the metal frame, I have no concerns. The steering wheel is hefty, solid, and sturdy. Its a quality part. And with the paint, I think it looks stunning. Way back, I had originally wanted to find a way to modify the stock wheel to fit the Ididit column, but I just didn't find the options I was looking for. The difference between the hub diameter of the stock wheel and modern column is significant. This steering wheel still keeps the simple "t-spoke" styling of the stock wheel and I don't think will look out of place in the cab. Its surprisingly difficult to take a picture of something with shiny paint in a well lit room!