Thread: 72 k20 project
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 11:37 PM   #1270
ryanroo

Re: 72 k20 project

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopteacher View Post
If you were closer I would take my students over for a Field Trip, but your a tad bit too far away ! LOL

Yea it popped up on my youtube list to watch and I said to myself that looks really familiar !
we must watch the same stuff on youtube, show me old chevies and cummins trucks! that would be a bit of a field trip. hard to convince the parents that some crackpot in colorado would be an educational experience too... hahaha

i do like teaching, i have contemplated doing some informative videos. seeing the process is sometimes enlightening, at least to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Nice video Ryan!
thanks mister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard72 View Post
Cool video. Nothing like cramming 1200+ posts into a ten minute video. Looking forward to one with the truck running!
it takes less time when you are only documenting the successful end results of the work, not the painful process. and also when you dont add in pages of rabbit trails and off topic wandering. haha

this has been put off long enough.

i put on the big boy pants and wound up my poor, beaten, smokey holesaw drill.

the old grommet is in the outer skin. i wanted to keep the appearance of a stock cab tank, so i will make a mock fill neck and cap for that. i ordered new grommets for both.

i jabbed a bit of 2" tube in to see the angle.

i need to look at the best option for turning the corner. i think a 1 1/2" pipe elbow will give me what i need.

ryanroo is offline   Reply With Quote