View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 01:50 AM   #1
Rod Run

Exclamation 1971 rear e-brake parts help PLEASE!!

I've been lucky on this forum with getting lots of great info, but I don't know about this one.

I just bought new rear e-brake cables and went to put them in. I've been searching the forum (not to mention Google too) for the last two days trying to find good detail pics, only to realize that my project truck is missing all the e-brake parts inside the drums.

After searching much more, it looks like I need the parking brake lever (that the cable connects to), the pin and clip that hold that part in, the spreader bar (or strut) and the spring that goes on one end of that.

I can't find any links or information about where to buy this stuff. It seems like it's all dead-ends, when trying to get these types of parts?

I'm located in Massachusetts, so parts trucks aren't really available in junkyards around here, so that's not an option for me. Even if we did have them in the area, we're still buried under about 4 feet of snow here, so it still wouldn't work

I'm really hoping someone on here knows of a source where to buy these parts? They make everything else for our trucks, so they must make these parts too..................... right?