View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 03:29 PM   #16
magwakeenercew2jh
RAT1968 '68 Cab/'71 Parts

Re: 1971 rear e-brake parts help PLEASE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Run View Post
Thanks for all the advice guys and magwakeenercew2jh, I'm sending you a PM
I dug through my stash and found this "strut". That's all.
You're welcome to it. But I don't think that would solve the problem.

No question that the best way to get this together is to wait out the weather and pull a couple of drums off a wreck. You have a wide range
of years that the stuff will work...You;'ll have to do the specific research on that...Easy enough to figure that out.

Here's an inexpensive set of springs that would help on the "replacing" of the parts you pull, if you chose to go that way.

http://tinyurl.com/mtlxpnu

Also, here is a pic from one of my service manuals. Pretty much the same general picture as we used before. I can't seem to find the internal
works on the rear drum in my assembly manual...But I can't seem to find *anything* in that when I need it.

As I said...I only have one strut. And, you're welcome to that if you need it. But, when you pull drums off of a wreck, each one will fall right out.

I'll keep looking on line for a kit. I may be wrong, but I think an all-inclusive kit with struts, springs, connectors, and parking brake levers might
not be out there. But there *are* MILLIONS of those parts out there for the picking.

Figure out the year spread, wait out the weather, and you'll have it licked.
Attached Images

But always a rat.
magwakeenercew2jh is offline   Reply With Quote