View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 03:27 AM   #3
1972BlueC20

Re: Holley Carb Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenfuzed View Post
Have you tried to run with the vac advance plugged off to verify this is not the problem? According to the spec sheet for that engine it is run without using the vacuum advance. This is how I have mine set up (not same engine, but same HEI).
http://www.chevrolet.com/content/dam...e-19210008.pdf

In that spec sheet it says:
Set spark timing at 32º before top dead center (BTDC) at 4000 RPM with the vacuum advance line to the
distributor disconnected and plugged. This setting will produce 32º of total advance at wide open throttle
(WOT). The HEI vacuum advance canister should remain disconnected. This engine is designed to
operate using only the internal centrifugal advance to achieve the correct timing curve.

yeah this is on my list of things to try....I had it originally set up without using the advance but several other board members told me there is never a reason to not run the vac advance on a street daily driven vehicle....I was getting bad MPG until I hooked up the advance....got an extra 2 mpg from hooking it up.

I will try to run it without tomorrow to see if it makes any difference.