View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 09:53 PM   #50
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

Re: Waking up the ZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg View Post
Hey Longhorn. I put in the vacuum limiter & connected the vacuum advance, timed it & took her for a rip. It seemed to want some more advance as it wasn't very snappy, but when I got back we had a bit of a wind storm so I wasn't able to try it. I think I may have more of an issue as the brakes wouldn't lock up when I was driving & the revs came way up once I put it in park after the drive. Thinking maybe my booster is shot?! The might explain the hi revs after driving it hard. Our weather has been sketchy since but now I'm eager to diagnose the booster. On the plus side - it didn't run on when I shut her down - despite the high revs. You may be on to something with the vacuum advance as it did seem more drivable . I've got to wait for some more good weather & I'll try some more advance. Keep you posted! Thanks!
What is way up on the revs? You could have a booster issue, or did the choke not drop? At any rate, I would bet that you can go 34 on the total, with the fast burn heads? Shoot us the the TOTAL, then where does the initial read @ idle speed? Another ?....where is the total "all in"? I like around 2800, not carved in stone, but a good start...longhorn
69 longhorn,4" chop,3/5 drop, 1/2 ton suspension/disc brakes,1 1/2" body drop,steel tilt clip, 5.3/Edelbrock rpm intake/600 carb, Hooker streetrod shorties,2 1/2" exhaust/ H pipe/50's Flows , 6 spd Richmond trans,12 bolt/ 3.40 gears....
crazy longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote