View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 01:42 PM   #982
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Got a call from Nicola's brother last night...... Could I put the Rallye Wheels out behind the gate today for Jimmy to collect?

So I asked what time, and the reply was 08.30 which suited me.

So I kept them in the lounge (as you do) with Nicola's blessing.

When Jimmy came to collect them this morning, he was genuinely surprised and shocked that they were in the house, so we loaded them into his Range Rover to be taken away for blasting and coating.

Later today I got a call to ask what RAL colour code the Chrysler Firestorm Red, Variant C was aligned to. No bloody idea, so I called the paint supplier we use, and he suggested I look at RAL code 3020 Traffic Red.

So the wheels now have a committed colour.

Hope to have them back in a week or so.

This week has been good too so far for my scavenging efforts. Some of you may have realised, I like free money, and also like to give it away or share it.

I wanted to build a wheeled box, into which to pack the engine and other parts I strip off the 125cc Honda I bought to power the frame I bought last year as it is easier than creating a pile of parts in a corner.

So I mentioned it to a friend who works in a hospital stores dept and is responsible for getting rid of and destruction of equipment.

He said he had four wheels from some old piece of lab equipment for me that I could collect on Monday, so I collected and he had another three wheels that he found under a table added in.

I think we will have a decent roller here.

This morning on the way to work I saw a skip at a building site (where I normally get all the ply and crates) had gained a serious lump of wood on top of everything in there, as the job is coming to an end. So on the way back home tonight, I stopped in and asked two of the guys if they would mind if I scavenged it from the skip......... I guess this would be £20-25 if you bought it at a builders yard? Perfect for using as a ramp to get heavy stuff like compressors onto and off the truck.

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote