View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 03:19 PM   #988
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

WHEELS DAY..........!!!

Easter Friday every year.

This show was so well organised in my view, the guys really delivered today, and at £5.00 entry fee which goes to charity, a bargain day out.

This year the weather promised a perfect English show day.

When I woke at 05.45 I made a mug of tea, then texted mate Martin to see if he was going with us or taking Amanda if he could drag her out of bed.

Seemed she was up and ready to go before he could even get going.

The weather forecast was perfect for spring in the UK.

We left at 07.00 and got to Rushmore Arena quite early, let in straight away, Martina and Amanda were there minutes after us.

So we went off and took different directions around the arena.

I headed for the small auto jumble area first as it is always first come first served with used spares.

On the way, Nicola clocked these....... Used industrial contract rubber mats.

Bought two for the garage in front of the work benches, one 16 foot by 2.5 foot and one 10 foot by 3 foot.

At £5.00 each it was not to be missed.

Also bought today for a lot less than expected was an adjustable Automatic Chevy Astro van steering column, which included the ignition with three keys and all the plugs for its wiring at a sensible price.

Heavy bloody thing to cart over to the car after Martin had come all the way across the field to check out if he thought it could be grafted into my truck. Along with the new wiring loom it should be good if we can make it fit and work.

Mouldy Airbag steering will have to go, then hopefully my original Moon style wheel can go on directly, or may need an adaptor.

Will need some brackets to fit it, and being an adjustable means it could be a bit nicer to use.

So for me, a great day, spending time with Mrs Boss looking at loads of awesome cars, priceless.

We will be back again next year.

Sunday and Monday is the Chatham Dockyard Festival of Steam and Transport which promises to be a great day out.

SO LAST THING IS TO ASK..........

HAS ANYONE FITTED ONE OF THESE TO A C10 BEFORE?

Any advice appreciated.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote