View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 05:04 PM   #1007
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Well, Easter weekend came and went.

I hope that everyone of you had a good weekend with family and friends, doing stuff you wanted to or needed to do.

Thoroughly enjoyed it all, car shows, two BBQ's on Saturday and tonight.

Today it was boot fair with some bargains to be picked up followed this afternoon by a visit from Scot "Jabbo" to drop off a huge piece of foam rubber and to chat about all things automotive and then some.

After he left I started stripping the crashed Honda, later Martin popped over from the bike gathering he and Amanda had been to.

Seems whenever he pops over, chaos ensues.

Did not take us long to get this far.......

Front end removed and most of the engine bolts etc.

One of the problems with these modern bikes, even small ones is that they have all sorts of cleverness in their wiring looms etc. so one needs to dismantle sensibly if you want the thing to work again in future.

Once all the bits were unstuck, undone, unscrewed and ready, I lifted the frame off, leaving the engine on its own.

As Martin said, it's a pity our V8's and straight sixes are not that easy to handle.

It was off to the ready made trolley box I made on Saturday with the engine, followed by a lot of other bits, sprockets, wiring looms, chain, battery etc, all the bits possibly needed later when the toy gets built.

The frame and other bits still needed to be stripped to a level where it can be sold on Evilbay.

Treasures all boxed up and ready for storage.

Frame is going to be for sale as well, maybe someone can use it in a restoration project. Though I think the disc brake models are not liable to be as collect able as the older kick start models.

Spares for EBay listing, the two Michelin Pilot tyres were a week and less than 100 miles old.

One of the nice things we discovered about the tail end of the little bike is that it will also be donating its number plate bracket and light to the truck......

You see, every Chevy needs a little Honda in its life.

Thanks must as always go to Martin for coming over and creating havoc in my life, but also keeping me company and taking the lead on the stripping of the bike, he has clearly done this a few times before, and it may point at a very misspent youth......... Only he will know.

Tomorrow it is back to the grind stone, but at least it is a 4 day week, which is pretty cool too.

Last edited by Grizz1963; 04-06-2015 at 05:27 PM.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote