View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 05:25 PM   #1008
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeb01 View Post
If your steering column uses the 1986 and up splines common to GM vehicles, I probably have the adapter and cover bell(s) you need to adapt the Moon steering wheel:

I have a variety of chrome "bells", each being a different height to allow for various clearances above the top of the steering column. I won't be using this type again, as I have a one piece Ididit adapter now. If you want this stuff just let me know and I'll include it in the package with the door panel screws. I've been holding on to them as I'm going through and collecting some vintage magazines I think you'll enjoy.

Hallo Mark,

Once again I am in awe of not just your generosity but people in general. Nicola always tells me to remember that I do stuff for other people too, but it still touches my heart whenever kindness comes my way.

Simple answer to your question is that I love my Moon style wheel, and would love to keep it, however, I think the dish may be too deep, as the new column seems to be two inches longer on simple mock up.

Even if I cannot keep my existing g wheel, I will either go for another of the same, or possibly a 60's style car/truck wheel like you find in Impalas etc.

If your bell/boss is gong to allow me to utilise the splined shaft, which I cannot do right now, then I would be happy to buy or get one of yours and as always, pay postage, or pay forward, whichever suited you.

I was saying to Martin today when we were dismantling the little bike, that this truck is going to take longer than originally planned as there are so many little things that need sorting out along the way.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote