View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 03:49 PM   #2
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Re: 5.3 to 383 stroker

I have that same stroke / bore in a LS1 block in my sand rail. With stock LS1 853 heads, a mild comp cam (223/229 @ 0.050 .586 lift) it made 460 HP but more important,, 450 pounds of torque from 3200 and above , with a 480ft lb peak.
http://www.small-block-chevy.com/ima...LS1stroker.mp4

But... This is not emissions tuned or regulated motor with no cats, 1-3/4" buggy headers and Gibson shortie mufflers. But stock injectors, a DelPhi computer and a truck intake manifold.

One thing to watch out for is the 6.2" rod deal was the early versions of the LS 383 and is not that common any more. More of the 383 LS strokers use the 6.125" rods. In fact I had to order a 1 change custom piston from JE to use the 6.2" rods in a overbore on this motor It's amazing the places sand can find it's way in to! (Pistons were cheaper than all new liners) So just be aware that if you step out of the 'normal' box,, it can get in to your pocket later. Most of the Eagle, Lunati and upper end LS stroker kits these days use the 6.125" rod. Just be aware of that

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.

Last edited by Marv D; 04-09-2015 at 03:54 PM.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote