View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 04:26 PM   #168
Steve-W

Re: 1969 Custom/10 clean up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgs_notes View Post
It's possible you have them reversed side to side, meaning the adjusters are on backwards.
I'm very sure they're on correctly as you can see in this picture of the left side..only thing is the bottem spring is the wrong way around, but I changed that before completing the brakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgs_notes View Post
In any case, the front brakes should work well enough on their own. Some master cylinders are plumbed the opposite of what you think it should be. Normally the front brakes come off the forward most fitting and the rear off the back, but not always. Long idle trucks also can have problems with the pro portioning valve not working. I know you bled the brakes, but bleed them again. You used the vacuum method and if you didn't use the pedal method at all there could be air in the master cylinder, which should have been bled also.
thanks for the feedback and I guess my root-cause analysis will look like this:
first testdrive without the vacuum connected to the brake booster, just to see if it does anything, then reroute the plumbing, then take out proportioning valve..and if all that does't show the problem, I'll set her on fire and drink myself to sleep

@88Stanger, the front bumper came from LMCtruck partnumber 38-9495 $99,-
1950 GMC 100
1958 Chevy C60 Viking ratrod

Last edited by Steve-W; 04-13-2015 at 04:39 PM.
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote