View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 09:11 AM   #159
brimc

Re: 86 Silverado K20 12V CUMMINS Build

Well winter finally let up and I found some time to work on the project. The other day I pulled the cover off the frame and rolled it outside to clean up the garage some. I decided to hook up the battery and see what it would do. A couple cranks and the Cummins fired right up! No grids, no smoke, no problem. Hearing that engine idle smooth was music to my ears!
I also got the cab completely welded, sanded and prepped for the next step-paint. I again used por15 but only on the "rusty" areas and the "new" metal and mig welds. Time will tell on that call. Got the first coat of filler on the cab corners and rockers.

I used short strand fibreglass over the welded seams for sealing and strength. I will go over that with a lightweight filler next to level it out.
I also got the entire bottom side of the cab floor and firewall sprayed with undercoat/sound deadner. Then sprayed a gloss black topcoat.

I think it turned out pretty good. Hopefully I will get more to update soon!

1986 Chevrolet K20 Silverado 12 Valve CUMMINS P Pumped Intercooled/Getrag360/Divorced NP205/10B/14BFF Detroit Locker - DD Canadian Winter Beater.

My Chevrolet CUMMINS Build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=585509
brimc is offline   Reply With Quote