View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 12:48 AM   #395
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Re: 70 Blazer Frame Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCanine View Post
No pics...but a significant update. Fired her up tonight. We had a fuel leak last night that stymied us and delayed the big moment. But after regrouping and going through our preflight checklist tonight, she basically started on the first turn. A little fine tuning will of course be in order, but we didn't let her go long because the oil pressure never came up....which at this point I'm convinced is a problem in my gauge/line. But we're taking no chances. I totally should have put an electric gauge in there and I know it, but I'm going to swap out the oil line tomorrow. I was so zealous in not having a leak in that copper line, I'm thinking I might have overtightened the compression fittings. Please feel free to comment on my stupidity.
Subscribed. Very nice work you are doing there. I have a 70 K20 and I am looking at the detail of your engine compartment. I love it when people pay attention to the details such as tower clamps. When I see a worm clamp on these trucks the first thought is O Reilly's. Great work.

Your comment on an electric oil pressure gauge is prompting me to se if there is any market for a conversion. I did the volt gauge conversions for our trucks and they sell rather well. I am not sure if there would be a market for the oil pressure conversion to electric. I have some ideas. The hardest part would be modifying the stock gauge tin to accept the new style gauge. My idea would give you a electronic gauge that looks stock in the dash.

If you need a factory oil pressure gauge let me know. I have them in 60 and 80 lb

Keep up the good work,
Tom

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C

Last edited by TBONE1964; 04-20-2015 at 01:02 AM.
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote