View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 08:35 PM   #53
Blown06

Re: Project: "ResuWrecktion" '71 Custom Deluxe C-10

Made a little progress this weekend installing patch panels. Some of these things don't fit too well at all so I'm learning on the fly of how to make them fit better. My metal skills are no where near what some of these guys have but by the time I'm done with this project I will have improved a bunch.

So I started with the rear door pillar patch, the contours looked close until I got it chopped down and in place. Had to do some slicing and welding some filler metal in places.

Then I moved to the front door pillar patch, this thing was a major PITA! Slipping it over the original pillar, it looked like it was pretty close. Really took my time cutting it down and finally came to the conclusion that no matter how much I tried to reshape it, it wasn't gonna fit.

So I took the grinder and sliced it in half, fit one side then the other. You can see the gap..

Very frustrated with the fit but finally got it to a point that I can live with. It is far from perfect but once the rocker panel goes on, it will not see daylight for another 40 years ( I hope)!

Decided to delete the clutch rod hole. Used some of the trimmed patch panels to make a delete plate then weld it in.

Some parts arrived this week. New cab supports from GMC Pauls (no pics) and my front sway bar I ordered from Travis at AZ Pro Performance.

My project: http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=646563
Blown06 is offline   Reply With Quote