View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 06:22 AM   #11
special-K
Special Order

Re: Picture Thread: K1500/K2500 Suburbans

Me too. I like it being a basic model, but a great color. It looks great with the flares matching (which is usually on the fancy ones), and it had cloth seats and privacy tint. It was $1,500 more than mine, which I would have paid to get exactly what I wanted, but I was in a bind. I only had my '72 and '85 to drive, November came in like January, and I was sweating bullets hoping it didn't snow (salt on roads). I wanted a southern vehicle and that one was Minn, I believe. I needed to do a "go buy and drive back" w/o any hitches. I worried I'd get out there and find it was a painted over rust bucket. if not, it is probably the cleanest Suburban in the region. I realize there are vehicles up there that see no winter driving. My friend has an amazing original paint '72 from there that the guy only used to go fishing (not ice) in. I hoped this was some sort of vacation-only rig but felt I was wishing a little hard. Oh well, I wish I never saw this one because if I could have ordered one new it would have been like this one.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote