Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy2013 View Post
Awesome job !
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgonza View Post
Nice work!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GASoline71 View Post
Very awesome build and swap! Great fab work!
Thanks for the compliments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec010974 View Post
What injectors did you use with the holley fuel rails 534-219? thanks for the info.
I used the stock injectors for the 4.8 from the 2003 Tahoe. They are the small Multec injectors that flow something like 24 lbs/hr.

Using the stock injectors meant modifying the Holley fuel rail brackets (I think I put some pics of the brackets on the first page of this thread), but there were three reasons for the choice as I had LS1 injectors on hand.

1) The tune didn't have to be modified for different injectors.

2) The stock injectors were black. Seriously, the name of the game here is to make the engine look correct for the time period. The LS1 injectors are gray and I thought they'd stand out more than the black ones

3) The truck injectors are shorter than the car injectors which keeps the rail low enough that the DBW electrical connector cleared the rail. Had I used the LS1 injectors, it would have been impossible to plug in the throttle body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by First c10 View Post
Looks great. Did you do anything to the motor or is it stock? I am putting a 4.8 in my sons truck. I did put a cam and valves springs.
It's completely stock. My tuner is the one who convinced me to go ahead and try running the MAF directly on the throttle body. He said it would work fine with the stock components (and it did). He mentioned in passing that it would likely be problematic if I went to an aggressive cam. I'm not sure why, but I only assumed that a lopey cam would fool with the intake air enough that the MAF readings would be inconsistent given its location.
dayj1 is offline   Reply With Quote