View Single Post
Old 05-09-2015, 10:23 AM   #186
Steve-W

Re: 1969 Custom/10 clean up

Last night my mate and I headed to the garage in good spirit
first we made a new brake pedal rod (don't know if thats how you call it) from two other ones

and the result:

Booster mounted, referbished master brake cilinder mounted, brake lines connected and brakes bleeded..
Hey!! And Murphy is back, no pressure...WTF!!
So, another round of bleeding without any result
Then we bled the brakes manually, being extra careful not to press the pedal to deep, but no brake pressure. Erghllll ok, so then we re-adjusted the rear brakes, just to be sure. when moving the brake pedal, we could see the brake cilinders work in the back aswel the calipers in the front, but the pedal has to travel sooo deep and will continiue to sink. (yes with the drums back on)

against all logic we desided to take her out for a spin around the block, considering it was 1am, nothing much could go wrong because I still have the park brake which works fine. But as suspected, no improvement. she will stop, but it takes a while and also pumping the brake pedal doesn't improve the braking.

assuming that the factory referbished master brake cilinder is good, there should be air in the system..but where??? We pumped close to half a gallon of brake fluid thrue the systemm
I'm so sick right now..
1950 GMC 100
1958 Chevy C60 Viking ratrod
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote