View Single Post
Old 05-24-2015, 11:45 AM   #1090
mjh1965

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Sorry for the double post Rian's iPad has been returned to his old job so he asked me to post this on his thread

Well what can I say , that was one busy day . It started with meeting Rian at the local services at 9am . Then off to Essex to meet up with a guy called Dell . A few weeks ago I went to his place after work one evening, to collect a big back window cab section unfortunately it was to rusty to use. But after chatting to him for a while he told me he was possibly going to break one of his trucks . Having three of them a long bed stepper , his own daily driver on full air ride and a second truck that is up for sale . So after making him an offer for his cab and a drivers door , as well as bending Rian's ear about having the passenger door . With some help from Don . A deal was done .
On arriving at 10am as arraigned we found Dell had already stripped most of the outer front panels off .

This is as it was as we pulled up

The blue truck is his daily driver

This is the one he has for sale

This is Dell and his son I think his son found the V8 running a bit loud

Once again our cab lifter came in handy . In fact just to show how easy it is we got Dell's wife to operate it while holding his baby in her other hand

See clip below
http://youtu.be/vfTC9wyQKK0

Not much left of the truck

Here's a sight you don't see to often a ford towing a Chevy home

Once home Rian helped me unload it into my carport

Just a little update.i forgot to mention Rian's parts after meeting up with Rian,as he always
offers to help . But this time there was a good reason to come with me . I had convinced him that getting a door was the right way to go . He also said he Was interested in the inner fenders after I told him they were in mint condition . He wasn't disappointed While we were stripping the cab of all its internal parts he decided he would also have the custom heater box . Dell also let him have the cab mount rubbers , as I didn't need them.

This is Rian's heater

These are his inner fenders

The cab mounts

His door

Then there was the seat he said he would be interested in swapping his factory bench seat for this setup but it would be a question of him running it past (Mrs kemp ) the boss

So all in all not a bad day for every one including Dell's wife as you can see from the smile she was pleased to see one of his three trucks to go

MY BUILD THREAD:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=611614

Last edited by mjh1965; 05-24-2015 at 12:11 PM.
mjh1965 is offline   Reply With Quote