View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 10:34 PM   #16
king-918

Re: Has anyone tried one of these boxes under the seat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
I'm sure you guys considered this, but the reason that under seat boxes sound muffled...is usually the seat It sounds dumb, but not only does it directly block the path of the outgoing pressure waves, but it can block full excursion of the woofer if the sub is too close to the droop of the seat bottom. Its like listening to headphones through a hat/hoodie.

I've always tried to opt for a behind seat or console box. They both can suffer from muffling too, but usually you can aim them in a way so they have at least a somewhat clear path. A ported box and subs that like porting will give you more sound with less physical volume if calc'd correct.

I've seen some guys space their seat up slightly, then build a larger enclosure for sealed or in-firing subs.
one of the reasons i like the DD SL7 10 or 12 is you get full excursion like a normal sub and the magnet provides space for the to happen. me personly, il be doing a t-line blowthru to avoid all those issuses but most are not willing to go that far

Oh yeah I'm really a Toyota guy, but had some stuff sitting around.

Oklahoma
king-918 is offline   Reply With Quote