View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 08:23 PM   #15
ryanroo

Re: Project: 72 Cheyenne K20 Restore

I am always ready to watch another K20 build!

a lot of the modifications in a resto-mod depend on your goals for the truck. the axles set you have is very competent. i will always try to swap a 14 bolt from a 73+ truck. the parts availability is much much better, the brakes are better, and with the right scrounging you can find one that only needs a shock bracket re-location and some degree shims to bolt in. the front axle could be left as is. as Chris said, you can match any ratio needed with a D44. there is every imaginable option. the odds are in favor that it has 4.10s.

the front dana 60 is an option, but it sounds like you will be happy with the 44 given your planned use. if you bumble into a d60 though...

i would stick with 4.10 gears for bigger tires. to make it a more friendly driver i would swap an overdrive transmission in it. the 4.10s and overdrive complement nicely.

so long as it is a longbed and a k20, i'm sure the outcome will be sweet no matter the build sheet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmabolt View Post
I started with the same goals as you for my rebuild and it blossomed into something very different.

Chris
You too?!

ryanroo is offline   Reply With Quote