Thread: 72 k20 project
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 10:34 PM   #1370
ryanroo

Re: 72 k20 project

Quote:
Originally Posted by COS399 View Post
Nice work as usual. Are you going to angle cut or keep it square? It's gonna look good either way.
Thanks!
right now i am leaning towards just making a square cut on each staggered so they both stick out the same amount. we'll see i guess. this is one of those things that changes in my head a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedchevy View Post
Pure awsomeness, I found you build on pirate but it is no where as detailed. Just amazing.
Thanks! this has always been the 'original' thread. has all of the updates in real time. i post to a few others but sometimes they get behind and i skip over details through laziness... haha

so. i ordered this the other day.

had to bolt it in. in my defense, i measured this before i built stuff, so i knew the starter would fit. however, that was a long time before i made the fuel lines and had since spaced it off.

this is the oem position for the 2nd gen dodge flywheel housing.

in the truck

its crammed into the fuel lines and brake line. the clamp for the lines is toast.

the solution

mill some holes,

turn some bungs

weld

and the new position

the return line will need one additional offset. but nothing else will be affected negatively. it tucks the starter motor nicely up and out of the way. i may need to gently persuade the dipstick tube but i haven't checked that.

ryanroo is offline   Reply With Quote