Thread: 72 Blazer
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2004, 05:41 PM   #14
mastercraftkpk

I get nervous when I see paint that new.

You have no way of knowing what kind of mess lies underneath!!!! If the inner rocker boxes, A-Pillar, and floor support have not been repaired/replaced at the time of the re-paint, then you could have damage that MUST be repaired sometime that can easily cost in the THOUSANDS of $$$ unless you do it yourself.

Before I buy any gen 1 or gen 2 Blazer, I take the top off and push on the upper windscreen frame. If you get more that a 1/2 inch of play and a "mushy" feeling, then you have damage in the aforementioned area.

IMHO, pretty paint hides poor workmanship 90 % of the time.

Without NEW engine, (not recently "rebuilt" buy some knucklehead), NEW tranny, the Blazer is worth no more than $5,000.00 if it has A/C. W/out A/C, take $500-$1000 off.

If you buy w/ your heart, you will ALWAYS pay too much. (Believe me, I have owned several gen 1 and gen 2 Blazers over the past 15 years).

Even though there are fewer and fewer every year, there are plenty to choose from if you take your time. The general public is very hesitant to buy anything that gets 8-10 MPG, has no ABS, and is over 30 years old.
mastercraftkpk is offline   Reply With Quote